Shipping Solutions compliance software and export documentation can be used to file your Electronic Export Information through AESDirect via the Automated Commercial Environment Portal (ACE). U.S Customs and Border Protection will make some changes to AESDirect in 2022.
An export in international trade is a good produced in one country sold in another country or a service provided in one country for a national or resident of another country. The seller of such goods or the service provider is an exporter; the foreign buyer is an importer. Services that figure in international trade include financial, accounting and other professional services, tourism, education, and intellectual property rights.
CBP is currently conducting an ACE Portal Modernization Project that includes several phases. The first phase consists of a new login screen. The first phase of ACE Modernization doesn’t include any changes to AESDirect’s system for filing Electronic Export Information (EEI). However, it does alter the process of accessing the AESDirect screen. Although the second phase could include modifications to AESDirect filings, it will not be implemented before June 2022.
The new login screen will appear when you click on the Shipping Solutions button and click on the Login tab. Take a look at the screenshot below.
These steps will help you file an AESDirect submission for Shipping Solutions:
- Navigate to Shipping Solutions and click on the EEZ Start tab.
- Click the Login tab.
- Click Trade/PGA Login
- Log in with your email address.
- You will receive the security token by regular email. Enter it on the screen.
- Accept the terms of CBP.
- The new ACE portal screen will appear. Click on the References tab.
- Click Legacy. If you get the message “The SAML messaging is invalid”, close the AES screen. Reopen the AES screen and try again.
- The familiar ACE portal screen will appear.
- Click on the Accounts Tab.
- Select Exporter in the Account Type dropdown box and then click Go.
- Click on the Shipping Solutions Shipment tab, and then click Create Filing.
- After reviewing your information, click Submit. AESDirect will give you either a thumbs-up or thumbs-down.
Click the Trade/PGA User Login link and click the Create an Account button. You can create your Modernized ACE password using your email address.
After creating the account, you will need to pair it with your Legacy ACE accounts. To connect Legacy and Modernized accounts, you will need to provide your ACE Legacy User Name (8 characters that begin with your initials) and the corresponding ACE Legacy password (the long password you had to change every 90 days). This can be done on the CBP website (ace.cbp.dhs.gov) rather than Shipping Solutions.
Once the accounts have been paired, your ACE Legacy Username and Password will no longer be required. However, it is worth keeping. CBP has switched login screens between ACE Legacy (ACE Modernized) for weeks. If you see the white screen, log in with your ACE Legacy login (8 characters long and starting with your initials). Log in with your ACE Modernized login email address if the screen turns blue.